Friday, May 29, 2009

Crew is Here!!!

It all started w/ my membranes being stripped last Friday at 1:45. As soon as I got home from the doc's office I started having contactions between 1 and 4 minutes apart. We stayed home to make sure it was the real thing. After watching Nemo with Taylor we decided that it was time to go to the hospital because my contractions were getting much stronger, and were between 2 to 3 minutes. The hospital is 30 minutes away, not to mention it's my second baby. So we get to the hospital at 11:30 pm and I am feeling great. I intended on getting an epideral this whole pregnancy but when I got to the hospital and was a 6 and not feeling any pain I kept refusing to get medicine. Amazingly when I was at a 9, I was pretty much sleeping through my contractions not really feeling any pain. It was funny because all the nurses would come in and say she has no medicine in her can you believe it b/c I was so calm. I guess I was really lucky. They broke my water at a 10 and when I had to push that's when I started feeling uncomfortable but surprisingly kept my cool and didn't scream at all, of which I am very proud of myself. So I had this baby natural but would I go natural again? Don't think so. I was so tired after this delivery, considering I was up for 2 days and pushed for over an hour with no medicine. I just felt like I couldn't enjoy it as much afterwards like I did Taylor's because I was too tired. Anyway, Crew was born the following morning at 10:30 am. After delivering him they gave me staydol to help with the pain, unfortunetely I had an allergic reaction and was a sight to see. But we're all home, healthy and happy. By the way, the pic above is of Matt and I on our way to the hospital at 10 at night. I posted a lot of pics so you may have to hit view old posts to see them all.

8 comments:

A Wrinkle in Time said...

Yeah!! Good job Mari! You are amazing and you look great!! He is a beautiful baby!!

MBlairsLars said...

Congrats Mari....No one told us...I guess thats what you get when you move away. What a beautiful boy and how lucky is Taylor. She is beautiful too and so lucky to have a little brother. You amaze me....I could never have done without pain medication! Your a stud. We love you, give everyone a big hug and kiss from us!

Jess said...

I am so happy for you! What a beautiful family. Love and miss you so much.

About us said...

Hooray! I finally get to see little Crew. He is sooo handsome! I can't wait until my little girl comes.

Anna said...

Congrats!!! I was wondering when it all went down-I talked to Tanya finally and she told me the good news!!! He is already a cutie!

McCall said...

Congrats Mari! I have a cousin named Crew. Such a good name. He's a doll.

ChristopheRobyn said...

So neat...great job Mari and Matt.

Brittany said...

yea, going natural on no sleep is hard. i was much more tired after having amelia cause i was in labor all night but with maggie, i had gotten some sleep before her early morning arrival. but i'm so proud of you!!