Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pool Mishap

Taylor and Savannah swimming for the 1st time this season in Boo and Baca's pool. Taylor absolutely loves it, which is a good and bad thing. Good because she'll come in the pool with me and play, but bad because she is "little miss independent now" and loves the pool. She always wants to go in now. Well, I have a little Holy ghost/mother's intuition story... My dad was in working by the pool, Taylor wanted to go in with him while he worked, so I told my dad you have to watch her because she LOVES the pool. As I was sitting at my computer working, the thought came to my mind... go check on Taylor. I looked out the window and saw that my dad was still in the pool area, so I went back to work. Again, I had a stronger feeling, go check on Taylor. So, listening this time, I got up, when outside opened up the gate and looked in, sure enough there was Taylor in the pool, clothes and all! Luckily my parents have a pool where they built a kid pool into the deeper pool and she was in the kiddie part of the pool. To say the least I wasn't very happy with my dad but I am SO grateful for the holy ghost. It scares me just to think of the possibilities. Needless to say, Taylor will be having many many swim lessons this summer!

6 comments:

erin marin said...

aahhh my worst nightmare! i love having a pool but at the same time i hate it because im contantly terrified one of them is going to get in there without me knowing it. i have had 2 cousins drown in pools so im a little paranoid. good thing you listened to that still small voice!

Anonymous said...

wow, that's amazing. What a blessing to have been prompted. I agree with Erin that too is my worst nightmare & I don't even own a pool!

I just pray that anything like that ever happens in my life I'll be worthy enough to be listening!!

Thank you for sharing that story, you've encouraged me to go read my scriptures!

Nicole said...

Wow, Taylor is getting so big! She is a little woman now. I am dying to see more picture of you though! I hope you are feeling well and that life is going good! Good job listening to the Holy Ghost. You are a great mom!

Kevin, Sarah & Kids said...

So scary! Way to listen!

Anna said...

Ah that is scary-there is this place that teaches babies (12 months or so) how to float with all their clothes on. Try googling it and stuff-it's crazy awesome.

Michele said...

Hi Mari! Yes, I loved NYC! It was my first time there and I thought of you when I was there because I know how much you loved living there for a little bit! Your blog is so cute!!